- Create a classroom timeline focused on a trend or topic and have students add to it each year. Top 10 Free and Paid Interactive Timeline Makers (Updated 2020)
- Create a Diigo shared resource repository for your classroom. Allow students to join and share resources.
- Post links to student projects on Padlet and ask students to post peer review results, or post the results of their brainstorming then arrange them by theme.
- Create a class site using Schoology, a free learning management tool. Conduct online discussions and reflection activities. Add resources, assignments, videos, and tutorials for 24/7 access to learning materials.
- Use Google Docs to share ideas or reflections.
- Let students create interest centers using Google Sites. Post a problem of the month based on interest.
- Create classroom books using CAST Book Builder Embed the translation tool for multilingual students. Or better yet, let students create their own books!
- Create a free WIX website and post information using multiple representations as outlined by Universal Design for Learning (UDL) (i.e. text, video, images).
- Create a class discussion topic using FlipGrid or learners can respond in text, audio or video using Voicethread
- Reinforce on-task behaviors using Class Dojo.
- Use PowerMyLearning to support differentiated learning with engaging, free activities on the Web.
More great ideas can be found at How to Teach Remotely: The Ultimate Guide
Content Specific Resources